In March 2017, the first month of this blog, my posts got a grand total of 28 views. So it’s kind of crazy to be here nearly three years later looking at my stats that are now in the thousands and thinking back to how far the blog has come.
This year I have nearly doubled my overall views from last year which I’m really pleased about. I am truly honoured that anyone would read my posts and share them with others. This year there has been a crazy increase in the number of hits from search engines too, more than double compared to last year. I have no idea how to actually improve my google ranking except by writing more so it’s nice to see that happen without any particular effort on my part.
Here is a round of my most top twenty most read reviews across the year, the majority of which are bigger name releases. Most of my popular reviews before this year were because artists shared them on their social media feeds but I’ve definitely noticed that is happening a lot less in 2019. It would be great of course to have every artist share my writing but it’s good to know the readers will find the reviews without their help.
Links to the album reviews are also below in case you missed them the first time around. Thanks again to all the readers, artists, labels, PRs and my fellow bloggers for their support in 2019.
20) Molly Tuttle – When You’re Ready
19) Sharon Van Etten – Remind Me Tomorrow
16) Michaela Anne – Desert Dove
15) Better Oblivion Community Center – S/T
14) Our Native Daughters – Songs of Our Native Daughters
13) Karen & the Sorrows – Guaranteed Broken Heart
12) Joy Williams – Front Porch
11) The Highwomen – The Highwomen
10) Karly Driftwood – Too Mean to Die
8) Caroline Spence – Mint Condition
5) Tanya Tucker – While I’m Livin’
4) Lana Del Rey – Norman Fucking Rockwell
Lists of my own personal favourite songs and albums of the year will be published imminently so stay tuned for that.
Leave a Reply